Thursday, June 21, 2012

From Today's Email

Dear Mr. and Mrs. President: bride/bridegroom imagery has been appropriated by an office more significant than the Presidency. And we can look out for ourselves, thank you very much. Sincerely, SWNID


SWNID --

For the first 10 years of our marriage, Barack and I lived in an apartment in my hometown of Chicago.

The winters there can be pretty harsh, but no matter how snowy or icy it got, Barack would head out into the cold -- shovel in hand -- to dig my car out before I went to work.

In all our years of marriage, he's always looked out for me. Now, I see that same commitment every day to you and to this country.

The only way we'll win this election is if we can rely on one another like that, all the way to November 6th. Barack is working hard, but he can't do this alone -- he needs your help.

Make a donation today to build this campaign -- when you do, you'll be automatically entered to join Barack and me for a casual dinner:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Barack-and-Me

Your flight, your meal, your accommodations -- that's all taken care of. Just bring yourself and a guest, and get ready to enjoy a good meal together.

Thanks,

Michelle

So this is what is meany by those who talk about "winning life's lottery," right?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

If I'm going to win a dinner with the president I want it to be with the full fanfare of a state dinner. There's no casual in my lottery fantasy.

CW@UW said...

Insert a dash -- you'll be allowed to write run-on sentences.

KevinAK said...

Did you get this one?

http://www.barackobama.com/news/entry/the-obama-event-registry

Jon A. Alfred E. Michael J. Wile E. SWNID said...

KevinAK, that's quite amazing, as in a new low, which seems to be what most of the commenters are saying, even those who seem to support BHO. So is this an indication that it's time to forecast a landslide for Mitt?

KevinAK said...

I wonder if the "winners" of the dinner will be allowed to keep their flatware?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

JB in CA said...

Does this include a coffee and an overnighter in the Lincoln Room?