Friday, October 26, 2007

24 Day 7 Trailer: Apologies, Torture and More Resurrection

We tip the SWNIDish hat to gentle reader KevinK for pointing us to the "world premiere" trailer for 24 Day 7.

We observe that Kiefer begins out of character with a statement of thanks to viewers that is essentially an apology for a weak Day 6 and a promise that Day 7 will be the Greatest Day Ever (biblical allusions are assumed to be unintentional here). But as Jack, addressing the recurrent 24 theme of torture he immediately refuses to apologize: "Don't expect me to regret the decisions that I have made, because, sir, the truth is, I don't."

No wonder our Seldom-Wrong pulse quickens whenever we watch 24.

We also observe that Jack is not the only character who can rise from the dead. Tony Almeda, favorite of females in the SWNID household, returns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming to the big screen
in 2009 -- 24:The Movie. So far negotiations are underway w/ Sutherland, and the actreeses who play Chloe O'Brien and Audrey Raynes.

One hopes that when this show dies(sorry SWNID) it is allowed to stay dead and not suffer the same fate Star Trek is being subjected to next year.

Dj said...

Being a huge fan I was glad to see Almeida return to season 7. I knew it all along and my friends didn't believe me.

However I was disappointed to learn about it in the trailer. I think Tony's return would of been a lot more of a '24 surprise' if they had waited until the season premier.