So . . .
- Despite the fact that innovative, profitable automobile manufacturers operate in the South and Midwest, Uncle Sugar will subsidize static, unprofitable ones, insisting that they become what they are not by getting federal dough.
- At the same time that the Big Three are being told to make fuel-efficient cars, fuel prices are falling to historic lows at inflation-adjusted levels, and Uncle Sugar is planning more roads to make it even easier to drive long distances quickly, even though the automobile is allegedly killing all of us.
- A domestic labor force that needs illegal immigrants to do much of its construction work will get billions of newly-printed dollars to do more construction work as a stimulus to the domestic economy.
- The Obamanoids will somehow manage, per their promises, both to spend the infrastructure money quickly and to spend it smartly.
- As always, the one segment of the economy that grows during a recession and doesn't shrinks during an expansion is government work.