Thursday, November 03, 2005

Another Reason Not to Spend a Penny to Read the NY Times

The NY Post is ripping its tony competitor today for its selective use of passages from a letter by US Marine Corporal Jeffrey Starr, who was tragically killed in action in Iraq, to his girlfriend.

The Times lifted the following quote:
I kind of predicted this . . . A third time just seemed like I'm pushing my chances.


But the letter immediately went on to say:
I don't regret going, everybody dies, but few get to do it for something as important as freedom. It may seem confusing why we are in Iraq, it's not to me. I'm here helping these people, so that they can live the way we live. Not have to worry about tyrants or vicious dictators. To do what they want with their lives. To me, that is why I died. Others have died for my freedom, now this is my mark.

It's also worth noting that the letter was of the "to be opened in the event of my death" variety. Starr didn't think that he was a prophet, and neither does his family.

Yes, gentle readers, it's getting that bad among the MSM.

No comments: