Thursday, November 09, 2006

News You Won't Find Elsewhere

Here's a report that comes to us from a dear friend who ministers the gospel in India:

By the grace of God ministry is doing good and growing. I believe the ministry grows more when there are oppositions and problems. I think we preachers depend on God when oppositions and problems come in our ministry.

Anyway God is really blessing our ministry. On October 24th we baptized 39 people in [name of village] church. On November 7th we baptized 18 people in [name of another village] church. On November 8th (yesterday) we baptized 13 people in [name of another village] church. There were more people ready to be baptized; some of them couldn't make it for the baptism service. We are going to have baptism service for people from [name of town] church on Nov 11th. I have the great honor to baptize all these people. "O, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good and His mercy endures for ever."

How true it is, I am experiencing this everyday. Tomorrow (Nov 10th) we are going to have a prayer meeting on the hill in [village]. Believers in that church want to have the prayer meeting on the top of a big hill. It reminds me of Jesus teaching on the mountain (Matthew chapter 5). I have the honor to preach there also. God is working through us in a mighty way. Lot of new opportunities is coming for us to reach out to new areas for God. People are asking us to come and start bible study and prayer meeting. We are not able to do that now. We are praying so that God will open the door for us to start prayer meetings in those new villages. So we ask your
prayers for this. It is the time in India to reach ONE MORE FOR GOD who is in their sins and darkness. I am exited about the opportunity to do the ministry among the Hindu people in India.

The other day I attended the fasting prayer meeting in [name of city] church. We had over 130 people in that meeting. We had testimony time during that time. Tears of joy came from my eyes as I sat the life changing experiences these Christians shared. They shared their experiences with God and all the blessings they are receiving from god. On Nov 3rd one of our Christian asked to come to their house for prayer. It was a thanksgiving prayer. It was the 1st time I visited that house. The house was one room 8' X 8'. She gave her testimony there. She said her husband left her for another woman. He was an alcoholic and very abusive. She has 3 children. She became a Christian 2 years ago. She started to share about her experiences with God. There was not a single dry eye. She started to praise and thank God for all the peace and joy and happiness she has now since she became a Christian. I live in LUXURY when I compare to her life. I am a billionaire when I compare to her. But when I compare my spiritual experiences I am very poor and she is a billionaire. I Just shared this with you so that you can see the power of God, which transforms a sinner from darkness to light. This is the life changing experiences. And you are a big part in changing the life of her and thousands of other people like her. I wish she could speak English or you could understand Kannada so that I can tape it and send it to you. Is there joy in serving God among the poor and neglected people in India? You bet there is a great joy and reward in serving God especially among the poor and needy Hindus. I like to be known as the preacher to the poor and rejected and unwanted people in India.

That is what I do and I enjoy it. So I give thanks to my God because He is good and Merciful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who needs to learn Kannada, send the tape anyway. If we really need to hear it, we'll be able to understand it!
Ohhh, Bible College humor. I miss it sometimes.
Praise God, though, for the work being done in India. If oppression brings growth, bring it on. (Oh goodness, do I mean that?)