Monday, June 19, 2006

Condi to SBC: If Not the USA, Then Who?

A transcript of Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's address to the Southern Baptist Convention is available here. It is a most exceptional, personal, clear and moving articulation of an American theo-conservative political viewpoint that one can imagine.

We will not attempt a summary or offer a pull-quote. Gentle readers simply must read the speech in its entirety.

But we will ask a rhetorical question: aside from her lack of personal ambition for the job, is there anything that makes Ms. Rice something other than the best imaginable POTUS in January 2009?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condi Rice is "the best imaginable POTUS in January 2009?" Surely you're not backing off Giuliani, are you? (Okay, I admit, I can already hear your response: "No I'm not ... and don't call me 'Shirley'.") But what, then, are you doing? Hedging your bets? Longing for a better candidate? Looking to stir up a little excitement in an otherwise dull summer? All of the above? None of the above?

Jon A. Alfred E. Michael J. Wile E. SWNID said...

Condi is my fave, but Condi won't run. Rudy might, so he is my preferred alternative to McCain. Anyone is my preferred alternative to Hillary, so I want someone who can win, even McCain. Romney maybe can win against Hillary. No one else can.

Every time I endorse Rudy, I really hope that Condi will do the utterly unexpected and run for public office for the first time in her amazing life. But she won't.

So once again, we say with Neil Young, "If you can't be with the one you love, honey ..."

Rustypants said...

holy cow - please! pop culture references ought to at least be cited correctly!

stephen stills taught us to love the one we're with.

neil said only love can break your heart.

DOO-doo-DOO-doo-DOO-doo DOO-DOO!

Anonymous said...

Rustypants, I do believe you just insulted CSN&Y. They'd be mortified to find out they were a part of pop culture. So what if Graham Nash was a groovy singer?