Saturday, August 13, 2005

Welcome to Seldom Wrong, Never in Doubt

Greetings, gentle reader, and welcome to "Seldom Wrong, Never in Doubt." This is where I, Jon Allen, share my self-important, inflated thoughts with the world. Or at least with some of my friends. Who, I hope, remain my friends even after reading this.

Why another blog? Because I am using a lot of time to send links and such to my friends and family. This will be easier for me, and will spare some of you a cluttered inbox, if I've had the habit of sending you things of interest.

What can you expect here? Well, I don't know, because I am neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet. However, here's what I expect to post:
  • Links to news and opinion pieces on the web that I find interesting.
  • Some of my own rants on topics political.
  • Maybe an occasional link to Christian sites that I find interesting (these will be occasional because, frankly, I don't find Christian sites all that interesting for the most part).
  • Some occasional reflections on things that are happening around me at the places where I hang out, namely Cincinnati Christian University and White Oak Christian Church (but no "inside information," as that would be inappropriate).
  • Some reflections on what I'm reading that isn't in cyberspace.
  • The odd picture now and then.

Why the name? I don't remember a time when I didn't know this pair of phrases--seldom wrong, never in doubt. My father said this all the time as a sarcastic, self-depreciating way of acknowledging that he was opinionated. So I picked up both the attitude and the phrase from him.

And to be honest, even though both Dad and I are being sarcastic when we utter these magical words, we really think they're true, though we would never admit it.

No comments: